ASX adds 0.30% in anticipation of tonights budget report
Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 share index had a relatively slow day today as investors await the announcement of the budget, creeping up 0.30% to 5962.10 points. It was also released that the RBA will keep rates on hold at 0.25% which played a part in today’s price action.
Afterpay (APT) performed strongly after quite a while of sideways movement, up nearly 5% for the day. The banks continued their winning streak with them all ending in the green.
Gainers and Losers
Biggest gainers today
- Northern Star +10.6 per cent to $15.29
- Saracen Minerals +9.6 per cent to $5.72
- Westgold Resources +7.1 per cent to $2.57
- Eagers Automotive +7 per cent to $10.59
- Silver Lake +6.1 per cent to $2.44
- Nanosonics -4.7 per cent to $5.48
- Mesoblast -4.2 per cent to $3.41
- ALS Ltd -3.5 per cent to $9.30
- Clinuvel Pharma -3.2 per cent to $23.81
- Mirvac Group -2.6 per cent to $2.26
New to investing? Read about How to keep your investment decisions simple.
This article does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of a particular person or entity. Before acting on any investment strategy or advice you should first consult with your current ASIC accredited investment professional or seek out a compliant investment professional for such.